Feasibility Study with Basic Design for biomass fired CHP plant in Kruševac and support the Investor to obtain Construction Permit, Serbia
Client: Building Energy S.p.a., Italy
Name of partner(s): Tractebel Engineering, Italy – Main Contract holder
Start/Completion Date: July 2014 - March 2015
Project description: Building Energy is an Italian firm headquartered in Milan that invests in the Renewable Sector world wide. BE is particularly active in photovoltaic and biomass fields. The Client requested to Tractebel Engineering S.p.A. the technical support to obtain the authorizations required to build a Biomass Power Plant in Serbia. Tractebel Engineering S.p.A engaged SEEC as a local partner to realize the Project. The scope of the engineering services provided by the Consultant covering the following main tasks:
- Task 1 – Preliminary assessment of Project Technical Outline and CAPEX: Plant general description including the main technological choices, Main equipment simplified description and sizing (Steam boiler – Steam Turbine/Generator – Cooling systems – Electrical system, etc...), Main Auxiliaries System simplified description (CCWS, water treatment, discharge water treatment), Review of Biomass quality and feeding profile, Review of heat demand, Site Access, Main Utilities Availability/Interfaces, Electrical Interconnection, Environmental limits (Flue Gases, Ashes, Noise and Water), Preliminary Site data, Fuel Characteristics, Preliminary General Layout, Preliminary Process Scheme (PFD), Preliminary Grid interconnection Electrical Scheme.
- Task 2 – Feasibility Study and Basic Design: Objectives and purpose of investing, Description of the structure, Analysis of development opportunities of the investor, Methodological bases for producing the Study, Technical technological solution in Preliminary Design, Market aspects, Spatial aspects, Environmental aspects, Economic costs, Benefits, Financial efficiency with the assessment of profitability and liquidity, Social economic efficiency, Analysis of sensitivity and investment risks, Analysis of financing resources, engagements and dynamics, Analysis of organizational and staffing opportunities, Conclusion on investment justification and Basic Design according to Serbian legislation.
- Task 3 – Permits and licenses management to the Client.
SEEC was in charged for the preparation of:
- Most of the chapters of the Feasibility Study;
- The specific parts of Basic Design (Access and internal roads, Connection to Electrical Grid, Architectural Design, Hydrotechnical installations Design), preparation of Fire Protection Elaborate (Design);
- Codes, standards & regulations to be followed by Tractebel designers during design;
- Endorsement of complete Basic Design and adoption to satisfy Serbian regulations;
- Permits and licenses management to the Client and preparation of all necessary documentation for the green field investment up to obtaining Construction Permit.
© Copyright S.E.E.C. Ltd. 2006-2019