Consulting Services for the implementation of the project “Trans-Balkan Electricity Corridor (I) - Grid Section in Montenegro – Part II” (“the Action”)
Client: Crnogorski Elektroprenosni Sistem AD (CGES) - financed by WBIF Grant administrated by KfW Development Bank as lead IFI
Name of partner(s): JV with Lahmeyer International GmbH, Germany
Start/Completion Date: October 2017 - Ongoing project (ETA July 2022)
Project description: This project is the second part of a larger project with the full title "Trans-Balkan Electricity Corridor (I) - Grid Section in Montenegro". The first part is financed by KfW and EBRD. The general objective of the Action is to contribute to a sustainable economic development of Montenegro and the region. The Action is financed by a WBIF Grant (EU funds) and comprises investments and associated technical assistance, including this consulting assignment. The objectives of the project are: to raise the capacity of the electrical transmission system in Montenegro and the transit capacities to its neighbouring countries; to improve the efficiency and reliability of the regional transmission system and to raise the security and quality of power supply.
The Action is divided into four (4) different components:
- Component 1 - Replacement of HV equipment and other equipment in several high voltage substations.
- Component 2 - This component is subdivided into four (4) different packages:
- Package I - Reconstruction of the control and protection system, metering system including reconstruction of AC/DC distribution boards in 10 existing high voltage substations.
- Package II - In 11 substations approximately 95 BCUs have to be installed in the low voltage compartments of existing 35kV switchgears/bays.
- Package III - The scope of supply comprises the integration of 15 existing substations into local and remote SCADA communication. The SCADA integration comprises three levels (a) Local i.e. in the substation (b) Remote with the existing NDC and (c) Remote with a future SCADA system.
- Package IV - This package comprises the construction of 9 relay houses and the related cable channels and routes in an existing high voltage substation.
- Component 3: (a) Dismantling of an existing 220kV overhead line and the construction of an approximately 16km long 400kV double circuit overhead line from substation Pljevlja 2 to Montenegrin border in direction to Bajina Bašta - Serbia. (b) Extension of switchyard 400 kV in substation Pljevlja 2. c) Preliminary design of OHL 400 kV Pljevlja2 to Montenegrin border in direction to Bajina Bašta - Serbia. d) Examination and appraisal of an already elaborated Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA). e) Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), based on already prepared ESIA and in accordance with Montenegrin Law.
- Component 4: (a) Preparation of documentary evidence of the proceedings of an international competitive bidding process and complete hand-over of the electrical infrastructure of newly constructed WPP Krnovo to be purchased in accordance with the Energy law. (b) Performance of a technical Due Diligence and purchase price determination of the electrical transmission infrastructure of the WPP Krnovo. (c) Examination and appraisal of an already elaborated ESIA
For the scope of works under Component 1, 2 and 3 the contractor will be responsible for the design, procurement, construction works, installation and commissioning of the HV equipment (FIDIC Yellow Book).
Description of actual services provided by SEEC within the assignment:
Services to be performed under Component 1, 2 and 3:
- Collection of available data and review the project concept, including all associated studies;
- Site Survey;
- Preparation of the Inception Report;
- Perform in close coordination with the PIU the procurement process (preparation of pre-qualification documents of and assistance in pre-qualification of bidders, cost estimate revision, elaborating conceptual design, preparing the bidding/tendering documents, assistance in evaluating the bids, assistance in awarding of contract, drafting of contract documents and assisting in contract negotiations);
- Factory Acceptance Tests;
- Supervision of the entire works to be executed (revision of the detailed design, monitoring of a proper implementation and supervision of works according to the contract and Montenegrin laws, supervision of commissioning and erection activities, including checking and countersigning of invoices by contractor(s) / issuing of the Payment certificates);
- Examination of an already elaborated ESIA study and preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), based on already prepared ESIA and in accordance with Montenegrin Law for Component 3;
- Assistance in the Project management and monitoring;
- Reporting to CGES and KfW;
- Implementation of the Communication and Visibility Activities related to the project;
- Preparation of the Project Completion Report;
- Services during Defects Notification Period.
Services performed under Component 4:
- Review of existing project documentation related to the newly constructed WPP Krnovo electrical transmission infrastructure;
- Performance of a Technical Due Diligence and purchase price determination (fair value assessment) of the electrical transmission infrastructure of the WPP Krnovo in accordance with lAS 16 and lAS 36 and other applicable international accounting standards. Preparation of documentary evidence of the proceedings of an international competitive bidding process and complete hand-over of the electrical infrastructure of newly constructed WPP Krnovo to be purchased in accordance with the Montenegrin Energy law;
- Examination and appraisal of an already elaborated Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and accompanying ESIA documentation;
- Implementation of the Communication and Visibility Activities related to the project.
© Copyright S.E.E.C. Ltd. 2006-2019